LANGUAGE AND LEARNING TO READ
paper and felt-tip pens or drawings of animals
Velcro adhesive paper or cardboard
transparent adhesive sheet or laminate What to do:
1. Draw or photocopy images of three different animals, whose names begin with the letters A., B i C.
2. Place these pictures in different places on the outside of the folder and stick a piece of Velcro next to each one.
3. On separate pieces of paper or cardboard cards, write the names of the three animals.
4. Laminate and cut all cards, then attach the Velcro on the back side.
5. The children will have to match the names of the animals to the pictures.
6. Try the same fun with other letter sets or with several pets, whose names begin with the same letter, e.g:
What else can be done:
Science: You can make this exercise more scientific, by drawing a selected animal on a piece of paper and writing down the names of its individual parts of the body on the cards, then matching these cards to the appropriate parts of the drawing.