Easy basket weaving
plastic baskets with vertical rungs (one for each of the children)
What should be done:
1. Ask the children, to choose a color for the ribbon. Help them measure out pieces a little longer than the circumference of the basket.
2. Show the little ones, how to weave a ribbon between the rungs of the basket.
When the ribbon goes around the entire basket, connect its ends.
3. Have the children wrap the basket with ribbons of different colors.
4. To make the handle of the basket, twist the two pipe cleaners together, leaving the ends free.
5. Insert the ends of the rods into the four corners of the basket and wrap them around the edge of the basket.