Turn around, spin
spinning top collection (plastic, wooden, multi-colored, dreidel etc.)
What should be done:
1. Hanukkah is an eight-day festive period beginning on the 25th day of the Hebrew month of Kislev, which usually falls in December (sometimes in November).
2. Explain to the children, that the dreidel is a famous symbol of Hanukkah, Jewish holiday. It is a four-sided spinning top with a Hebrew letter on each side.
3. Porozkładaj bączki na tackach i zachęć dzieci do ich rozkręcania.
4. Check it out, which spinning top spins the longest. Ask the children, why they think some tops spin longer than others.
5. W przypadku starszych dzieci użyj bączków ustawianych jeden na drugim. Encourage the children, that they try to set up the highest tower of spinning tops.
What else can be done:
Plasticity: Make an art project using a turntable. Cut a hole in the center of the paper plate and put it in the place of the plate. Turn on the turntable and ask the children, that they put the felt-tip pens on the rotating plate, creating interesting patterns.