pieces of string from 25 into 35 cm
tin molds or cans
cardboard or drawing paper
What should be done:
1. Tie a knot at the end of each string.
2. Encourage the children to grab the knots and knit them, that the "earthworms *" made in this way would dance in the paint.
3. Show malcom, how to put a string soaked in paint on a piece of paper, placing the knot outside the sheet. If you want, you can use brown paper, who will pretend to be the earth.
4. Ask the children, so that they carefully fold the sheets in half.
5. Hold the folded sheets and gently pull the strings out.
6. Spread out the sheets, to view the obtained patterns.
7. Have the children repeat this exercise with different paint colors, until the entire sheet is full of patterns.
What else can be done:
Remind the kids, that it would be inappropriate to use real earthworms for this game.
Science: Bring real earthworms to the hall in a jar with soil, so that the children can watch them.