Hanging plate decorations
paper plates (one for each child)
transparent adhesive sheet
materials for creating collages
What should be done:
1. Cut out a large pattern in the center of each of the paper plates. Give the plates to the children.
2. Also give each of the little ones two pieces of clear adhesive sheet, larger than the pattern you cut.
3. Help the children stick pieces of the adhesive sheet on the plate, so as to cover the cut hole.
4. Encourage the little ones to decorate the sticky side of the sheet inside the cutout.
To do this, offer them different materials, for example, colored sand, paper circles with a hole punch, small pieces of paper, ribbons, yarn, brocade, confetti etc..
5. When the kids are done with the project, help them stick another piece of adhesive sheet on the other side of the plate, creating a stained glass effect.
6. Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top of each plate and thread a string through it, to be able to suspend the finished work.
What else can be done:
In the same way, make hanging ornaments with letter motifs, with heart shape for Valentine's Day, flowers for Mother's Day, umbrellas for the first day of spring, etc..